No matter what changes happen in our world, or how uncertain our circumstances seem, there’s one thing residents of Central Texas can always count on to stay the same:
Hail season arrives in our area every year during springtime.
If you rely on asphalt shingles to protect your home and everything in it from harsh weather, hail season most likely causes you to grit your teeth and cross your fingers. Hail can wreak havoc on a shingled roof, wearing away granules from the surface layer and causing divots or even holes and/or tears in the structure of the shingles. If left unaddressed, shingles that have suffered hail damage can eventually cause a roof to start leaking.
Has this happened to you? Have you constantly found yourself having to repair your asphalt shingles — or worse, clean up messy water damage after your roof sprung a leak? How frustrating! How expensive!
There is a much better way. Investing in a metal roofing system for your Austin, TX, home is your best defense against hail damage. Here is why:
- Metal roofing materials are rated extremely high for impact resistance by Underwriters Laboratory (UL).
- Metal roofing systems installed with strong, innovative snap lock standing seams or double hemmed seams help the roof withstand both hail and high winds.
- Hail hits on a metal roof might only cause only minor cosmetic damage and do not compromise the structure of the roof.
- Metal roofing does not rot, absorb water, or become infested by insects, which would weaken the roof against the force of a hailstorm.
- A metal roof can last between two and three times as long as asphalt shingles, depending on the material.
Living here in Central Texas, where hail is an accepted part of life, you have most likely heard about the many benefits of metal roofing. Maybe your neighbors even had one installed by the metal roofing experts here at Green Knight! Did you resist getting one for your home because you thought a new metal roof was out of your price range?
Well, not only can a metal roof save you money in the long run, from slashing your cooling bills to cutting maintenance and repair costs, but thanks to Green Knight’s Quality Metal Roofing program, certain homeowners in the Austin area can install a metal roof for about the same price as high-end asphalt shingles!
For more information about our discount metal roofing options in Travis County and the surrounding region, or to get a free quote on a beautiful new custom metal roofing system, contact Green Knight today! Do not let hail season wreak havoc on your home. Protect your property with a durable metal roof; when that first hailstorm hits, we promise you will be glad you did.