Your roof is not only expected to help protect your home and belongings, but it’s also meant to keep you and your loved ones safe. This is why choosing the right roof based on your individual needs is vital.
It’s no secret that Texas has a hail problem. Therefore, our metal roofing specialists serving Bastrop County, TX, want you to evaluate the following differences between how a metal roof can help protect your family better than traditional shingles when starting the decision process on which roof you want next.
- Hail can easily cause pits, divots, or lifts in asphalt shingles.
- Since it is easily cracked by hail, asphalt shingles—especially in Texas—can lead to costly leaks that damage your belongings and create mold.
- Although it’s cheaper to purchase shingles initially, depending on the shingle material, style, and coating you choose, a shingle roof will only last an absolute maximum of 25 years, but most likely not more than 10 to 15 years in the Texas sun.
- Metal roofs are rarely dented badly enough to fracture and cause leaks. Textured metal roofs can easily conceal dent damage as well.
- Our metal roofs have the highest hail rating and impact resistance (Class 4) given by Underwriters’ Laboratory (UL) meaning up to golf ball sized hail cannot penetrate or crack the metal. We offer products that are hail resistant up to a 2.5” hail stone as well.
- Metal roofs are built to last at least 50 years, and many come with lifetime warranties.
- Many of the metal roofs offered by our company are designed to withstand winds up to 120 MPH. We have some products that can withstand winds up to 150 MPH as well.
Hands down, a metal roof is better at protecting your home or business against hail damage than traditional asphalt shingles.
Sick and tired of replacing your shingles or dealing with leaks after every hail storm? Don’t settle for just any ordinary metal roofing company. Trust the specialists at Green Knight Metal Roofing for all your commercial metal roofing needs in Bastrop County, TX.
Request a free estimate on our website at your convenience, or give us a call at 512-253-4957.